Samena Special Situations Fund III L.P. is an 8 year closed-end Cayman exempted partnership and is the successor fund to Samena Special Situations Fund L.P. and Samena Special Situations Fund II L.P.
Initial Closing of US$375 million was announced on 30th April 2017 with a Final Closing target corpus of US$700 million. The Fund’s strategy is medium-term and opportunistically driven. The flexibility of the mandate provides Samena Capital the ability to identify, source and benefit from the best possible investments, irrespective of their capital structure and ownership status. Its larger size relative to its predecessors, active shareholders and the preferred partner status of the Investment Manager create attractive private equity deal flow across a range of industries. The Fund is well positioned to take advantage of the current state of the SAMENA markets.
Summary of Terms:
- Initial Closing announced in April 2017 of US$375 million
- Final Closing target of US$700 million expected 18 months after Initial Closing
- Total Life of 8 years from the date of the Initial Closing with an option to extend
- Investment period of 7 years with an option to extend
- Hybrid investment strategy that unlocks value via Growth Equity, Private Placements, PIPEs and Buy-Outs
- Cayman Islands Limited Partnership
- Primary geographical focus is the SAMENA region