Samena Special Situations Fund II L.P. is a 7 year closed-ended Cayman exempted partnership and is the successor fund to the flagship Samena Special Situations Fund L.P.
The Fund had an Initial Closing in June 2011 and a Final Closing in June 2013 with total commitments of US$332 million. Since inception, the Fund has called 100% of its capital and has made 16 investments to date. The Fund is industry and sector agnostic and invests in both publicly listed and private companies. We actively rely on our highly involved shareholders for transaction origination, proprietary insight in the opaque SAMENA markets, and strategic and operational value-added to our portfolio companies.
- Initial Closing in June 2011 and Final Closing in June 2013 with total commitments of US$332 million
- 7 + 2 year closed-ended private equity style structure
- Hybrid investment strategy that unlocks value via Growth Equity, Private Placements, PIPEs and Buy-Outs
- Cayman Islands Limited Partnership
- Primary geographical focus is the SAMENA region
- Repayment of 15% of committed capital as of February 2017